I love how we get to hang with cousins!
Someone took a fancy to the bell... :)
Fire Station Playgroup!
Playgroup has been a part of my life ever since William was little, and I would attend almost religiously. I couldn't even imagine why anyone would have reasons or little desire to join in. I used to take William (and Kate as she came along) to the library, the park, berry/apple picking, and even made trips to KC to the Deanna Rose Farmstead (free and HIGHLY recommended!). There are even a few of the same moms since William's 2-4 year old days.
These days, however, playgroup has become a special occasion. I am figuring out that things in life change. While I strive to find constants and absolutes to satisfy my need to organize life, I am understanding phases and continual change in life. While taking care of my grandma, three kids, and home and church responsibilities, I can only make special efforts to be there for things that are unique or I think that Kate will truly enjoy. Before we left, I told Kate we were going to a fire station, and she had no idea what a fire station, fireman, or even firetruck was! I guess she is a girl... I think I am also beginning to understand that while I think I've figured out how to keep laundry from exploding all over our basement, that sometimes my "fool proof" approach will need to be modified from time to time. What I mean is, I am always trying to figure out the "best" way to organize or accomplish something, and I am realizing that the "best" way changes. One way can work for a while, but it will not last forever. And, that's okay. It's just time to reassess and take another approach. I thought that someday I would get everything figured out, but now I am realizing that does not exist. BUT, I can hone my skills at figuring out the best way to do something until things change. Then, I will work on figuring out the new "best" way of doing things.... :) I also have a new saying - 3 kids equals superspeed. (At least for me. Although, I have never really known 3 kids without my grandma...)
Project 365 - 2015
10 years ago

1 comment:
I love the picture with the bell. :)
Post a Comment