
Ahoy, mateys! William had his 5th Birthday on May 3rd, 2007 and he invited all his friends (both young and old) to a Pirate Party on Saturday, May 5th. Yes, that is a pirate cake, and while at first I toyed with the idea of making a pirate ship from Family Fun magazine, I quickly settled on this pirate instead. It was my first ever attempt at cute cake making, and I truly felt like this was the ugliest cake I had ever made until the final beard crumbs went on. I definitely wouldn't quit my day job, ha ha, but I think it turned out all right with lots of room for improvement... :) (It was REALLY hard to try and make red frosting, and no I couldn't find it at the store.)

We had eye patches, water balloons, squirt guns, and finally a pirate ship pinata (a pinata ship we altered and decorated ourselves). Everyone had a great time, including Willam, unless you ask him. Then he will tell you how much he hated me telling everyone to go after the birthday boy with squirt guns and how I told daddy to dunk his head in the water cooler. Of course, I told him that we loved him and we were only playing with him, and we won't do that next time. (I think... :))

Don't forget to check our web albums. http://www.picasaweb.google.com/gschellman There are plenty more pictures of William and his friends. This was actually his third birthday celebration (not planned), and we will have more birthday pictures up soon as well. I can't believe he is 5!

2 comments:
What a fun birthday party! Thanks for having us.I think the cake turned out great!
Gaia! I just found your blog! I can't believe that William is 5 either! It seems like yesterday we were all pregnant and getting ready to pop (you especially!) with these kiddos!
Post a Comment