Well, tonight as Kevin was getting the kids ready for bed, somehow he ended up laying down and singing songs with William. (Apparently, he had William and Kate dancing as he sang their favorite Wiggles songs.) Then, they started singing primary songs together. After I finally finished up what I was doing, I took Kate in with me and joined in on a few. Just as we were getting ready to lay Kate in her crib, William says, "Wait. Just one more song for Kate. I am a Child of God." (William LOVES to sing primary songs and know MANY by heart.) We sang that one last song, William gave everyone a kiss on the cheek, and into bed they went. (Though it was a good while until everyone finally got to sleep...)
*CHEESE ALERT*
I know this is going to be very cheesy, but, it was such a wonderful feeling to sing together as a family, and I really knew in my soul that I loved being a mom and taking care of my children, that there isn't anything better in life (EVEN though Kate has learned how to say "MOMM-Y" instead of Mama, and says it incessantly to the point of insanity). We are thankful to have the blessings of the gospel in our life. To know who we are, where we came from, and why we are here. There is a plan. (It's always nice to know that.) We know that the church of Jesus Christ has been restored on this earth. We learn so much from his example and from the scriptures, both the Bible and the Book of Mormon. There are parts from both that I love. I know that I can do more in my prayer and study, and I hope that we can visit the temple even more often. I hope that we can be good examples to our children, and I hope they will grow to gain a strong testimony of the gospel. I also hope that we will be able to share the plan of happiness with many of our close friends and neighbors. I know that there is no other way to gain the same peace and happiness in this life.
Okay, I guess I'm all done. I truly love my family. Cute pictures coming soon...
Project 365 - 2015
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment