Okay, so I am not the best at staying on top of blogging, (REALLY BAD), but at this point, that's how it goes. We have been busy having fun and trying to stay on top of things around home and Gma!
BUT, it is now official - Nathan is a WALKER!!! I just looked over today, and there he was standing in the middle of the kitchen and deciding to walk around. He has taken steps here and there for a while, but I guess he just finally decided to give walking a serious try. (I think he actually prefers the perspective from up there.) He walked quite a bit throuout the day, getting down to crawl when he wanted to get somewhere fast (he is REALLY fast at crawling). I did get some on videotape for Kevin and fam, but I'm sure it won't be long before most of you will catch it first person.
Other than that, Lori started up a photography business and took some great family photos for us. (You can see some of them on her blog - lorigeorgephotography.blogspot.com.) I am really pleased by them, and I was also reminded why in the almost 9 years we have been married we have never done official family photos. I know it gets better as the kids get older, but wow. It could certainly be worse, but it is A LOT of work. I am excited though to start turning our house into our home. I have put off decorating or hanging pictures for painting walls, and then I wasn't sure what I really wanted to do. But now I am excited to display some family photos and even more happy to have made a few decisions about how I can really cozy things up for us to enjoy. My mom will also be painting some beautiful close-up floral paintings for the livingroom. I will be also be painting something, but not sure it will actually end up anywhere... :)
And, I guess I am excited to start working on taking care of our yard, what landscaping we have, maybe a little bit of gardening in pots, definitely a lot of mulching, and yes, our pool will be opening next week. I guess we'll see how we like having a pool. The best thing in my eyes looking ahead, is that my oldest brother (who used to teach swimming lessons all the time when I was growing up), will be coming to my house to teach lessons to William and Kate once a week. (I don't have to drive anywhere!!!) I enjoying staying home more and more. 1. Because I don't always have the chance and 2. Because it is a lot of work packing and taking little babies all over, and then I miss taking full advantage of nap time sometimes. I am very grateful for our van though. Just the other day while running around, Nathan took a nap and Kate and I stopped to eat fast food for lunch. She climbed up in the front seat next to mine, I read her a book, we slowly ate our lunch, I read a book while she continued eating, and overall it was a comfy, roomy place to hang out. It really is a second home sometimes, that I do enjoy.
That is about all for now. Soccer season started and is practically finished. (William has only a make-up game left.) That has certainly kept us pretty busy with Kate and William both playing soccer this year, (hence the lack of blog activity...), but it has also been some great family time. I'll post some pictures and blog all about it next time.
Project 365 - 2015
10 years ago
2 comments:
I'm still checking - keep it up! You'll love being able to go back and read from previous months/years.
gaia, what's new?
Post a Comment