Sunday, July 08, 2007

I am sooooo tired today. We have either been having too much fun or doing too much work without taking time in between. It's turning out that July is my least favorite month because it has too many fun things to do. :) (Luckily, it is all worth it.)

To begin with, William had swimming lessons for 2 weeks straight at the end of June. He loved it, and I loved that he got to get out every day, even playing at the park most days afterwards. (So far, the weather while hot at times has not been killer. Overall, it has been a mild and wet summer.) He took Level 1 and is really comfortable going underwater and jumping in the pool now. He begged me to sign him up for Level 2, but classes downtown were full, and I didn't think I could take another 2 weeks of being gone every morning. (The house definitely missed me...)

Continuing on, our ward had a church BBQ with contests and games June 23. We had a 4th of July breakfast, with Kevin in charge of making pancakes, 4th of July dinner with the Schellman's at our house, 4th of July fireworks at GR's, (He has a commercial license, and it was AWESOME.), and we got together with a big group of friends from church and rented out the Baldwin swimming pool July 7th (Also awesome. I even got to do practice a little springboard diving from my past).

Now, amidst all this fun, some friends and I had planned a garage sale on June 30. We went all out, borrowed tables, put an ad in the paper, and organized all our stuff neatly to sell off. We stayed up late and got up early, only to find that it was raining, and continued to rain the entire day. We didn't give up though, and held our garage sale inside the garage and were surprised at how many people actually did come, many before we were actually open. Things died out eventually though, and we decided to leave everything where it was and have a sale the following weekend (yesterday). The weather was beautiful (getting warmer though!), and we did well selling off many of our things. We packed things up, sending leftovers to various families or goodwill, and I finally got to clean up and put my car back in the garage. (I have always said that if we can't fit our cars in the garage, we have too much stuff). Afterwards, we headed off to our pool party.

So, it has been a FUN and tiring few weeks. We are also officially tiling our house starting this weekend, definitely tons of work, but I know it will be beautiful. I also feel great getting things marked off our big to do list. While we LOVE our home, it is work to keep up with the house. Next, it will be on to painting the outside... :)

No comments: